I just got my status renewal email for Marriott Platinum Elite. Yes, I hit 75 nights already this year. Lots of travel. What I found interesting is the expiration is June of 2019 not Jan 1st of 2019. I wonder if this is due to the planned SPG integration next year.
As with all the travel and uptempo business year my apologize for the lack of posting. I have a huge backlog that I will start hitting publish on soon.
I purchased a LifeSpan Walking desk almost 4 years ago. I use it every day I am home. I have learned many things over the years but fundamentally it all boils down to this:
Get busy living. Or Get busy dying.
I work in a tech job from home. Which means I normally sit the full day and then some. I decided I wanted to up my activity level and the best way to do that was not only a standing desk but a treadmill desk.
Lots of studies show that standing is better than sitting. Lots of studies show dubious benefits of treadmill desks. Those studies all show the same thing. Treadmill desks are good but not sure how exactly. LOL. Sounds like science in action.
The reason I am writing this is because I have decided to replace my desk but keep my treadmill. The new desk is a Jarvis by Fully (nee Ergo Depot). Until the end of June you can get 10% off with the coupon code LiveSummer. Here is a review from the NYT http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-standing-desk/
If you have ever though of jumping into the standing business.. this is a great desk and a nice discount.
I have a lot more detail on this topic and would be happy to share it. One thing that I do find interesting. The treadmill only goes up to 4mph. However, I spend most of my time at about 2mph. Listening to calls at 3.2 mph. Talking on calls about 1.4 mph. Writing at about 1mph. And being super focused on my couch.
69% of american have less than $1000 saved.
I started saving as much as I could even during my first job in High School. Income’s are not stable. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
At the least blog people:
- Get the match your company retirement provides
- Find your budget (you can’t set one if you don’t know what you are).
- Find your debts interest rates.
- Review it all.
- Pay down debt.
- Save Money
- Invest Money to make Money
Once you understand what/where you are financially; be debt free.
You can open a whole new door of investing and income generation.
You really are much happier when you understand where you and work to get better.
- Save you a click – yes having money makes you happier. The amount of money varies for happiness. Being uber wealthy doesn’t make you happier than being wealthy… so yea be wealthy 🙂
Looks like I am going to be writing a series of articles on personal finances coming soon!
As many of you know I like to earn points for things I already do while traveling.
While chatting I realized that many of you have not heard of Thanks Again. Short version is any money spent at airports can earn you frequent flyer miles. All you have to do is signup (link below) add in credit cards select airline rewards program… then get points.
Most frequent earning for me is airport parking. Secondarily, if I have points on an airline that is expiring I switch my redemption to show activity 😊 United, Jet blue, virgin, American points expire after XX months of inactivity. Delta miles don’t expire.
Venue – eBay
- Always looking for speakers!
- 10:00 – 11:00 Shaun Cassells – MMS presentation – Windows Insider for Business
- 11:00 – 12:00 Steve Rachui – Boundary changes in 1610
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch and Learn with 1E Tachyon – Real-time Configuration & Security Management at Scale
- 1:30 – 2:30 Steve Rachui – Managing Duplication Hardware ID’s/Windows Information Protection
- 2:30 – 3:30 Donnie Taylor – MMS presentation – OMS, PowerBi, and Flow – The New Breed
- 3:30 – 4:00 Elias Leal – Recovering Disk Space on Distribution Points – Content Library Cleanup Tool and Data Deduplication for DPs
Join our CTSMUG LinkedIn Group. Call for speakers, discussions, and updates.
As experts in systems management, and with over 20 years of experience in making SCCM work better, we have launched a new product, Tachyon, the fastest platform to query and control all your endpoints. It transforms urgent ad-hoc issue identification and resolution time from hours to minutes.
You achieve this by holding a conversation – live with every endpoint – as if you were at every device. This gives you the confidence and agility to move at the pace of any IT incident, security threat or compliance risk.
In the 1E Tachyon session we show how to:
- Slash troubleshooting and resolution times – Find and fix application, configuration and operating system faults across all of your endpoints
- Faster security investigation and response – Find and remediate the machines on your network that have been cyber-attacked by organized crime
- Immediately action urgent business requests – Rapidly respond to regulatory compliance, security and software asset management (SAM) audits
The Creators Update ( CB ) is very interesting to the enterprise. Ironically it is called the Creators Update and you will be hard pressed to find articles (they will come out eventually) about the new creation aspects. For the Enterprise IT there are several items that immediately catch your attention and make you want to update in 4 or so months. 4 months after CB (April 11th) is when Current Branch for Business ( CBB ) is predicted to release. A few enterprise IT items that catch my attention instantly are:
|Windows Insider Program for Business – Windows Insider Program
Windows 10 is now available on PC and Phone. Thanks to the help and hard work of the Insiders who are already participating in the Windows Insider Program, it’s the best Windows ever. Now, you can continue to help us make it even better.
- Improved control of Windows Update – scheduling, Restart times, delay of cumulative updates. If your business application is impacted you can buy yourself 30 days to fix your vulnerability.
- Improved control panel and further death of MMC and CPL. I am sure it a learning curve will occur with the typical end user followed by realization that using the control panel is easy.
- Unified Security dashboard
- Improved Virus & threat protection
- Device performance & Health
- Firewall & network protection
- App & browser control
- Family options
- PowerShell, PowerShell, PowerShell – repalced the CMD in the WinKey+X menu. If you can achieve the action via PowerShell that means Automation is easy!
- Gaming Mode – nice! Improved team collaboration and hand eye coordination training while working… or something like that
- Night light – Blue Light for reduced eye strain
- Death of snipping tool. WinKey+Shift+S is now available with or without O365. OneNote FTW!
The items above are the tip of the iceberg for Enterprise IT. What really makes life interesting is the improved stability, control via WU, MDM, SCCM, GPO, Antivurs, etc., as well as massively improved user experience like the ability to create folders in the start menu tiles. Simple things that makes your end users happier.
For a detailed list of features check out the MS Blog
|What’s new for IT pros in the Windows 10 Creators Update
Windows 10, version 1703—also known as the Windows 10 Creators Update—is designed for today’s modern IT environment with new features to help IT pros more easily manage, and better protect, the devices and data in their organizations. It also provides individuals with the ability to be more productive, thanks to enhancements to Windows Ink and…
The offical windows update roll-out start date of the Creators update is April 11th 2017. The roll-out will be phased based on best hardware with the most ensured success first. Then larger and larger groups. If you just can’t wait there is an option to go right now.
- The upgrade will require you to confirm certain security options a good 20 minutes in. RDP service is not yet available.
- I use https://www.teamviewer.com/en/ to connect and click next, next, finish
- The questions can be answered via voice! Cool… but you can only click the voice button if you can connect to the machine
Manual Start 1703 update
- Open Windows Update Start >> Gear icon (Settings) >> Update & Security
- Interesting there is a cancel during download but not during updating
- 30 minute count down to reboot
After several reboots you will be prompted for approving new security settings. See my warning above if you normally RDP into the machine.
Once you finish your upgrade don’t forget to check for new Windows Updates and updates in the Store