The offical windows update roll-out start date of the Creators update is April 11th 2017. The roll-out will be phased based on best hardware with the most ensured success first. Then larger and larger groups. If you just can’t wait there is an option to go right now.
- The upgrade will require you to confirm certain security options a good 20 minutes in. RDP service is not yet available.
- I use https://www.teamviewer.com/en/ to connect and click next, next, finish
- The questions can be answered via voice! Cool… but you can only click the voice button if you can connect to the machine
Manual Start 1703 update
- Open Windows Update Start >> Gear icon (Settings) >> Update & Security
- Select Yes, show me how
- Direct link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014184/windows-10-creators-update-here
- Select Update Now (bottom right)
- Update is about 4gb
- Interesting there is a cancel during download but not during updating
- 30 minute count down to reboot
After several reboots you will be prompted for approving new security settings. See my warning above if you normally RDP into the machine.
Once you finish your upgrade don’t forget to check for new Windows Updates and updates in the Store