From time to time the http://www.marriott.com website appears to die. The errors may show for login or on search.
Google, Firefox, and Chrome all state “Too Many Redirects”. This means the cookies have become stale and are causing issues.
The easiest solution is to remove the cookies for the effected website.
- Open Chrome
- Search for the website that is having issues
- Remove all shown
- Reload the page .. should still give you the error. Reload forced CTRL+F5 (this reloads without using local cache)
Chrome Cookies Location
Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies > All Cookies and Site Data
Safari: “Could not open the page, too many redirects”
This might happen if you visit a page that’s been set to open another page, but the next page is instructed to go back to the original page.
This issue can be caused by the website you’re trying to view. Safari might be able to open the website at a later time, when the website’s redirect problem has been corrected.
This issue can also happen if redirect information has been cached after it’s no longer needed. In some cases, removing related cookies and cache in Safari can resolve repeated redirects:
- Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy icon to view Privacy settings.
- Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.
- Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.
- Click the Remove button.
- Close the Safari Preferences window.
If the issue continues, repeat the steps without searching for a specific website. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all of your cookies and cache files. If this does not resolve the issue, contact the owner of the website you’re trying to view for additional help.